Monday 18 February 2013

Moments.

One of the proudest moments in life was the day of my 24th birthday, when me and three pals decided to take a trip up north. It all started at 5.30am just outside Glasgow, with the car full of walking gear, sweeties and random nostalgic CD's.

Our goal was set on climbing Britain's highest mountain Ben Nevis near Fort William, and so we did. I'm not an expert when it comes to climbing mountains, but I think we did good to make it up and down in six hours. I need to Google that by the way, always good to know just how good you are!

Anyway.. When we were about an hour from the top it started snowing a little bit, and within half and hour we were in a full blown snow storm, but we powered through! Yes, I have to admit that I thought I was about to die from hypothermia up there, but after a minor panic attack we started our trek down and it was all good again.

Some people didn't think we could do it, and some people doubted that we were even talking the truth when  we were planning out little trip up north, but we did it! It was a great feeling reaching the top, but an even better feeling changing in to my warm, dry joggie trousers and hoodie when we were back at the car again!

It was truely the best start of my 24th year in this world!



We made it!

Matthew, Carys, me and Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment