Monday 11 February 2013

Home.

One of my biggest accomplishments in life was to, together with Craig, buy our very own house. After several years in rental flats (okay, two houses owned by my parents) in both Sweden and Scotland, 14 other flats and houses to be precise, it was a big moment for me to be able to finally call something mine. Ours.

I have for many years felt like I've been living in someone else's flat, although my name has been on the contract. And it wasn't until Craig and I walked in to our very own house, that I felt at home.

Something that naturally happened when we moved from our rental one bedroom flat, to our very own two bedroom house was that I started calling it a home. I wasn't longer saying "I'm just gonna go to the flat straight after work" or "see you in the flat". Now I naturally started saying "I will see you at home".

It's truly a home for me. As long as I have Craig there, and it's ours, it's home.

Your home is where your heart is you know.


This is where I love spending time during the summers, in our lovely garden:

1 comment: