Thursday 28 February 2013

My life in a cardboard box.

I was sitting here thinking about technology. Not just out of the blue, I was planning on writing a blog post, but couldn't decided if I was gonna use my phone, laptop or tablet. And what then popped up in my head was how things have changed since I was a kid.

I'm born back in 1988. I spend my 90's childhood playing Super Nintendo, watched the cartoon version on Teenage mutant ninja turtles, and I had no clue what a mobile phone was during half of my upbringing.

I see myself being part of one of the last generations that made up something to play with, from nothing. We obviously had our toys to play with, but we created things as well, in a way that kids don't have to do these days.

I remember when my gran bought a new tv, and me and my sister made the cardboard box it came in, into a house. Just if anyone is wondering how we could fit in this "house"; this was ruffly 20 years ago, so me and my sister were smaller, and the tv's was very much thicker and bigger.

Anyway, our house had a couple of windows and a door. We couldn't both fit in it, so when one if us was in the house, the other one had to sit under the washing basket, but it didn't really matter. We loved just being around our little cardboard house.

1 comment: