Friday 8 March 2013

Best Friday.

Think today might just be the best Friday ever. Work went great, and so did the gym. And to top it off; Craig is coming home today! Not just for the weekend, not just for a weeks holiday, he is actually coming home. After 18 months of working away, and coming home just every other weekend, he is finally coming home for good!

I can't describe how happy I am, and how lucky I feel to be able to live an every day life just like other people. Craig and I have never really had that. My shifts used to be all over the place, and I was off days Craig was working or in university, and the other way around. And when Craig was in university, he didn't finish his part time job until 8pm, so we never really lived that "normal" life, having dinners together and so on. We have always wished for that.

You don't realise how much those little things in life matter, and you don't appreciate some things until it's taken away from you.

Today is a good day. No, today is a great day. But I don't think I will understand that life from today will be different, and better, until another couple of weeks has gone by. And I will never take Craig for granted, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment