Friday 5 April 2013

This is my body.

(This blog is not aimed towards any individual)

Something I often get called is skinny. Last year I would have taken it as a compliment, but these days when I work my butt off in the gym, it's doesn't have the same positive effect on me. I consider my physique as being toned and strong, not skinny or thin.

Something that has annoyed me lately is how many (negative) comments I've been getting about the muscles on my arms. Either my muscles are too big, my arms are too toned, or it simply looks like I've got "man muscles". What I have replied to the people telling me this is simply that: either they are too lazy to do something about their own body so they start nagging on mine, or that they simply might be jealous that my muscles are bigger than theirs. Surprisingly, all the negative comments I've been getting has been coming from men.

Why do they think it's acceptable to tell someone this? Would it be acceptable to go walk up to a overweight person and say that he/she is fat, or a naturally really skinny person who are trying for everything in this world to gain weight, that he/she looks thin and bony? No, so why should it be acceptable to make negative comments about my toned arms?

This is my body, which I'm pretty damn proud of, and worked hard to shape. I feel amazing, and for the first time in my life I actually don't dislike anything at all on my body. I love that my body is strong, healthy and works as it should.

I don't walk around flexing my muscles, but if I did it would look something like this.

7 comments:

  1. Ja så kan det vara, lätt att kommentera andra än att göra gott åt sig själv. Bygga muskler muntligt är lätt, Ge beröm eller en god komplimang till någon annan verkar svårare. Märkligt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therese you look great! I wouldn't bother about the negative comments. it is purely just jealousy! Had to post anonymous because i'm not sure what other one to use lol. it's leanne! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du är supersnygg och superbra! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. U looking great girl. I support u 100%.
    Just do what u like, but watch up.
    I am just behind u and almost as fit that u are.
    Love u and see in a couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastiskt bra jobbat tjejen!! Grymma armar:) Kram Sassa

    ReplyDelete