Tuesday 7 May 2013

To miss someone.

There are some days I can feel that I live away from my family, some days more than others. There will be occasions I miss, moments I should have been there, and days I would have needed my own family. Like the day my niece was born, or that day I got a phone call about that my grandpa had a heart attack. I couldn't be there physically for anyone in my family, and it breaks my heart thinking about it. Regardless if it's good or bad times, you still wish you could be there for everyone.

Yesterday was a tough day. Nicci, my dog back home, had to be put to sleep. It's weird, she's been around through half my life, always happy. For anyone who has had a dog, you probably know what I'm talking about. I didn't know until yesterday just how much this would affect me, and just how much I would feel.

Nicci was my little sister, and yesterday my little sister fell asleep.


2 comments: