Thursday 9 May 2013

Summer of 2002.

I love living in the present, but every now and then I also love taking a trip down memory lane to remember how I felt at a specific time. I was cleaning through one of the drawers in the living room today, and found a diary I kept during the summer of 2002. I wrote in it every day during my holidays, kept track of how far we travelled, what we did,what we had for dinner, everything! I have always been quite specific about random things like that, and it's fun being able to look back on what then 14 years old Therese thought about life.

The holidays I had the summer of 2002 was great in such different ways. Me and my sister went on a road trip with our dad through Sweden, and over to Denmark. The thought was to head to a air plane show in Belgium, but our car broke down on day two of our holiday, so we decided to travel less, and enjoy Denmark and Sweden instead.

And later on that summer, me, my sister and our mum went over to an island between Sweden and Finland, called Åland where we went camping, swimming and sunbathing for a week. Such a simple and nice holiday, and I totally loved it! Åland used to be like a second home for me when I was younger, it's where I spent a lot of weekends growing up, as we used to have a caravan there each summer.

What did you do during your summers when you were younger?


My travel diary from July 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment